Southdown Netball Club
NETBALL FOR ALL
Southdown Netball Club is a friendly club making netball accessible to all. We aim to help develop confidence, the ability to work as a team, teaching ball handling skills and movement whilst having lots of fun.
We offer age appropriate coaching with opportunities to play matches.
We coach girls from School year 4 (under 10) up to School year 10 (under 15).
Good Luck to the teams playing at the K2 on Saturday 26th October in the WSJNL and we hope you all have a great Half Term, when we come back there is a . . . .
Saturday 26th October was the start of the West Sussex Junior Netball League (WSJNL) 2019/20 Season and what a fabulous start.
Southdown Cheetahs u12 played a great first game and secured a fab win (9-3 against MSN Blue). It was a windy day but the girls all coped well. They then had the tricky task of playing another game straight after, if they were tired the girls didn’t let this show in the first quarter and scored the opener, unfortunately ANG ran away with the game in the second half and the result was (4-11 to ANG). But the girls had a great morning to start their season and see them into a half term break with Coaches Julia and Suzanne proud of all the girls.
Southdown Jaguars u11 also had their first two games of the season. The girls made a great start to their season with a win in their first match (4-2 against 5 Ways Hummingbirds Pink), unfortunately the weather deteriorated and it was pouring by the time they played their second match, which they ended up losing (3-14 against MSN Blue).
- Parents joining in playing netball? That’s exactly what happened on our last training session of the 2018/19 Season!
- We had 28 willing parents who braved the courts on 7th May 2019 to take on their Daughters.
- The first set of matches saw parents playing against and marking their own children. There was some ‘interesting’ interpretations of the rules by the parents but excellent work from everyone!
- The second set of matches saw parents pitched against other parents, eagerly cheered on from the sidelines by the girls. Well, what can we say? Had some of you been taking lessons from your children or practicing in advance? There was some excellent shooting and great defensive work.
- It was a fab evening, so much so that we think this should be an annual event on the Southdown calendar. We hope you all had fun.
- Quote of the evening “Is there a mixed league? Maybe i’d like to join in!”
Southdown Jaguars U10's and U11's
Southdown Cheetahs U12's
Southdown Lynxes U13's
Southdown Tigers U14's
Southdown Pumas U15's
Southdown Lionesses U16's
“Southdown Netball Club – Netball for all”